A complete learning solution Two sets of free worksheets with teacher's notes Includes carriers, baseboard and power supply Uses ANSI (American) or DIN (European) circuit symbols (choose via options below)
This kit provides an introduction to the electrical properties of materials and to the structure and functions of elementary electrical components including switches, bulbs, resistors, motors and relays. The kit is supplied with a comprehensive set of worksheets that covers the electrical properties of materials, and introduces students to electricity.
The kit provides a comprehensive range of practical assignments into electricity and magnetism and is ideal for those who are studying science and electricity within a wide variety of academic or vocational courses. The kit is supplied with two sets of printable worksheets on CD-ROM (around 80 pages) that cover the electrical properties of materials, electricity, and electrical circuits. The kit includes component carriers, base board, power supply, and storage trays.
Topics that can be learned with this kit include: Electrical properties of materials, Simple circuits, Heat and magnetism, Basic circuit symbols, Current flow, Series and parallel circuits, Patterns of voltage and current, Electrical sensors, Relays and electromagnets.
Those downloads are in English; the CD-ROM includes German and French language versions as well.
Electricity, Magnetism and Materials Solutions Contents
- Tray with lid
- Adjustable DC power supply
- Carrier: Buzzer, 12V, 15mA
- Carrier: Voltmeter, 0V to 15V
- Carrier: Resistor, 100 ohm, 1W, 5%
- Carrier: Resistor, 12 ohm, 1W, 5%
- Carrier: Motor, 6V, open frame
- Carrier: Light-dependent resistor
- 2x Carriers: Resistor, 1k, 1/4W, 5%
- Carrier: Resistor, 10k, 1/4W, 5%
- Carrier: Potentiometer, 10k
- Carrier: Diode, power, 1A, 50V
- 9x Carriers: Connecting Link
- 3x Carriers: Lampholder, MES
- Carrier: Thermistor, 4.7k, NTC
- Carrier: Relay, reed, normally open
- Carrier: Switch, push to make, metal strip
- Carrier: Switch, slide on/off, metal strip
- Carrier: LED, red, 12V (SB)
- Carrier: Fuse/universal component carrier
- Carrier: Power supply carrier with battery symbol
- Carrier: Ammeter, 0A to 1A
- Carrier: 400-turn coil
- Baseboard: 4mm pillars in 7 × 5 layout
- Pair of leads, red and black, 600mm, 4mm to croc clip
- Electricity, magnetism and materials solution inlay
- EMM V2 Accessories Pack
- Curriculum pack CD-ROM (contains complete range of Locktronics curriculum packs in PDF format)
Locktronics Overview Locktronics kits are designed to make the construction of electronic circuits as simple as copying a circuit diagram into an exercise book. No soldering or tools are necessary. The plastic component carriers (such as those shown to the right) each support either a discrete electronic component or a functionally distinct circuit building block. Connections between components are then made by simply slotting the carriers between the pillars of a baseboard. As there are only two sizes of component carrier, it is very easy to exchange one carrier for another in order to demonstrate the the effect on the circuit.
The electronic components are usually visible on the underside of the carrier (unless this would compromise safety or circuit behavior), so students also learn the appearance of many common electronic components. Where it is necessary to interact with a circuit element (for example, light sensors), the component will be mounted above the carrier, but there will still be a circuit symbol printed alongside it.
The top of every carrier is printed with the standard ANSI or DIN circuit symbol for the part(s) that it carries, so constructing a circuit simultaneously constructs that circuit's schematic, and vice versa. Component values are marked clearly using the relevant SI units.
Some complex modules may require more connections than are available on a large carrier. In this case additional connections are made using 2mm sockets. With a few exceptions, it will be connections to the power source that will be made this way, in order to retain the clarity of the circuit schematic.
Lead time: 1 week