TB6593FNG motor driver IC Drives motors from 2.5V to 13V Continuous output current up to 1.2A; Peak 3.2A Stop, short brake and standby modes 3.3V or 5V power supply
DC MOTOR 2 click carries the TB6593FNG driver IC for direct-current motors. With two pairs of screw terminals (power supply and outputs), the click board can drive motors with voltages from 2.5V to 13V (output current of up to 1.2A with peaks up to 3.2A).
Your host microcontroller's PWM signal drives the motor while the IN1 and IN2 pins provide binary direction signals that set the direction of the motor (clockwise or counter clockwise), or apply stop or short-brake functions. Stop mode cuts off the power supply so the motor continues spinning until it runs out of momentum. Short break brings it to an abrupt stop.
This board can be used on systems providing either 3.3V or 5V power. This is selected by the position of a solder jumper (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Motor Driver Add-on Module Resources