SPWF01SA with 802.11b/g/n transceiver Fully integrated TCP/IP stack 64KB of RAM and 1.5MB of Flash Additional GPIO, Ready-to-Send and Reset pins UART interface 3.3V power supply
WiFi 4 click carries the SPWF01SA.11, a complete standalone WiFi module with a single-chip 802.11b/g/n transceiver, a 32-bit STM32 MCU, and a built-in 2.4GHz ISM-band antenna. The on-board module has 1.5MB of internal Flash and 64KB of RAM, plus a fully integrated TCP/IP stack with added web server and application service capabilities.
WiFi 4 click communicates with your target board's MCU through the mikroBUS UART interface, but the board also features an additional 14 GPIO pins. Some of those GPIOs can have alternative functions, such as SPI, ADC, I2C, or DAC. This depends on the firmware loaded into the module, which you can change if you solder the BOOT jumper. Two other solder jumpers on the board allow you to enable access to the CTS and RTS pins.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
WiFi Add-on Module Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item