This is an additional eMMC5.1/SD3.0 probe for the LAP-F Series of logic and protocol analyzers. The LAP-F hardware comes with four of these probes, as by default only four eMMC/SD channels are supported. The optional eMMC5.1/SD3.0 LA Mode Full License includes 28 additional probes. So you only should need to purchase this single probe if you want to have a spare. Note that unlike other LAP-F probes, these eMMC probes handle a single channel each.
This is an active probe type, i.e. it is not merely pieces of wire but has active components in the probe head that amplify, filter, isolate and in other ways improve the signal quality. These characteristics make active probes well suited for high-speed signal measurements.
This probe will connect to your LAP-F via one of the USB 3.0 A-to-A cables that came with your analyzer. Color and numbering may vary (all probes of one type are electrically identical so it is not necessary to follow the numbering).
eMMC Probe Tuning While other probes for the LAP-F series are set up entirely in software, the eMMC probe has a small tuning screw (indicated by the arrow in the picture). The Trigger Level is adjusted as follows:
- Step 1 — Connect the probe to your LAP-F unit.
- Step 2 — Connect the Dupont connector of the probe with a 50/50 clock signal or another 50/50 signal that can be used as a reference.
- Step 3 — Capture the signal. The aim of this exercise is to have the trace of the acquisition show as equally long periods of High and Low.
- Step 4 — If more than 50% of the trace is High, turn the screw clockwise to reduce the duty cycle. If more than 50% of the trace is Low, turn the screw counter-clockwise.
- Step 5 — Repeat steps 3 & 4 until the duty cycle of the reference signal is 50/50.
P200EM eMMC Probe Specifications
- Signal Type: Single-ended bus
- Input Impedance: 190 kOhm ±10%
- Input Capacitance: 4.3pF ±2pF
- Max DUT Bandwidth: 200 MHz
- Max Transmission Rate: 400 Mbps
- Trigger Voltage: User-defined
- Bus Voltage: VIH = 0.6V to 5V
- Input Signal Level: 0V to +5V
- Max Input DC Voltage: ±10V