PCA9685PW IC 16 PWM outputs Additional pinout to connect multiple units together Selectable I2C addresses Can use either 3.3V or 5V power supply
PWM click is a simple solution for controlling 16 PWM outputs through a single I2C interface. You can use it to control anything from a simple LED strip to a complex robot with a multitude of moving parts. The click board carries the PCA9685PW IC. There's an additional set of pins that allow you to connect up to seven PWM clicks together (using three solder jumpers to specify a different I2C address for each one). This will allow you to get a total of 112 PWM outputs on a single I2C line.
Another solder jumper allows you to set the module for 3.3V or 5V power supply. It is in the 3.3V position by default.
In addition to the mikroBUS I2C pins (SCL and SDA), the PWM click board uses a LOW Output Enable Input pin (OE), which is in place of the default mikroBUS RST pin.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pins already soldered to the mikroBUS connection headers for your convenience (the daisy-chaining headers remain unpopulated). The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
PWM Add-on Module Resources