Three sensors in one: pressure, humidity, temperature Humidity sensor response time: 1 second Multiple operating modes: sleep, force, normal Humidity and pressure sensors can operate independently I2C or SPI communication 3.3V power supply
Weather click carries the Bosch BME280 integrated environmental unit. It's a sensor that detects humidity, pressure and temperature, specifically designed for low current consumption and long-term stability. Those features make it ideal for applications like home automation control, personalized weather stations, sport and fitness tools and so on. The sensor has three operating modes: sleep, forced, and normal. Also, the humidity and pressure sensors can operate independently.
The BME280 IC has high accuracy and reliability for all three sensors. The humidity sensor has a response time of just one second and it's accurate up to ±3% RH. The pressure sensor has sensitivity error of ±0.25% which is equivalent to 1m at 400m height change. Finally, the temperature sensor has a high resolution (up to 20-bit when IIR filter is enabled) and low noise.
Weather click can communicate with your target MCU either through mikroBUS SPI or I2C interfaces. Solder jumpers are on the board for making this selection (in the I2C positions by default). Another solder jumper allows you to select I2C address 0 or 1 (in position 0 by default).
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Environmental Sensing Module Resources