Dual-character 14-segment display Two additional segments for decimal points or periods Suitable for displaying both letters and numbers Clear, legible LED display Two TLC5926 16-bit shift registers Can be used with 3.3V or 5V power supply (3.3V by default)
AlphaNum R click is a simple solution for adding a two-digit 14-segment alphanumeric display to your device. The board carries two TLC5926 16-bit Constant-Current LED sink Drivers as well as a dual-character red LED 14-segment display (with two additional dot segments).
This module communicates with your target board's microcontroller through mikroBUS RST, CS, SCK, MISO, MOSI, PWM and INT pins (marked here as LE2, LE1, CLK, DOUT, DIN, NUMSEL and NUMSEL# respectively).
The board is designed to use either a 3.3V or 5V power supply, selectable via solder jumper (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Alphanumeric LED Display Add-on Module Resources