MCP23S17 with I2C clock speeds of 100 kHz, 400 kHz, or 1.7 MHz for higher-throughput applications 16 GPIO pins divided into two 8-bit ports Selectable hardware address using SMD jumpers Can be used on 3.3V or 5V systems (set for 3.3V by default)
EXPAND 2 click is an accessory board in mikroBUS form factor. It includes an MCP23S17 16-bit I/O expander with I2C clock speeds of 100 kHz, 400 kHz or 1.7 MHz. Three solder jumpers allow you to configure the board's address so you can connect up to eight devices on the bus.
The 16 I/O port bits are divided into two 8-bit ports (marked HD1 and HD2). The MCP23017 can be configured to operate in 8-bit or 16-bit mode. All pins act as bidirectional I/Os and can be enabled for interrupt-on-change and/or internal weak pull-up resistor.
This board is set to use 3.3V power supply by default. Solder the PWR SEL SMD jumper to the 5V position for use with 5V systems.
If you want to use SPI instead of I2C, see the original Expand click which also uses the MCP23S17. If you want to use 1-Wire Interface, see Expand 3 click.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795), FRDM-K64F (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Port Expander Add-on Module Resources