1-Wire interface User-selectable 9- to 12-bit measurement resolution Measures temperature from -10 to +85 °C with ±0.5° accuracy Converts temperature to 12-bit word within 750ms Four on-board jumpers for specifying sensor ID Selectable mikroBUS pin output
Thermo 2 click carries a DS1825 digital thermometer IC with programmable resolution. It measures temperature within a range of –10°C to +85°C with ±0.5°C accuracy. You can specify the resolution of the measurements, from 9- to 12-bit, depending on the application.
This module is especially suitable for applications where you need a multitude of sensors as part of a data-logging network. Each sensor has a unique 64-bit address, and you can set up a unique ID for each sensor using a 4-bit location address. That means you can connect up to 16 sensors to a single bus. The Thermo 2 click board has four solder jumpers for setting up that 4-bit address. The jumpers are set to 0000 by default.
The board communicates with the target microcontroller through a 1-Wire interface. Using an on-board solder jumper, you can choose between two mikroBUS pins for the output: GP1 (default mikroBUS AN pin) or GP0 (default mikroBUS PWM pin). The jumper is set to the GP0 position by default.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795), FRDM-K64F (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Thermometer Add-on Module Resources