4-directional optical sensor Signal LEDs Simple to implement; uses mikroBUS INT and PWM pins Can be used on either 3.3V or 5V system
Tilt click carries an RPI-1035 four-directional optical tilt sensor (photointerrupter). The four directions are left, right, back and forward. In airplane terms, the sensor detects pitch and roll. It doesn't measure the motion in precise degrees like an accelerometer would do; it just gives you feedback on which of the four directions it's leaning toward at a given moment.
Compared to mechanical solutions, this optical direction detector is less prone to noise caused by vibrations. Compared to magnetic-based direction detectors, it is not influenced by magnetic disturbances.
All in all, it's a robust solution for those that need direction sensing without the need for precise measurements.
The board communicates with your target microcontroller through mikroBUS PWM and INT lines, which are used for the vout1 and vout2 outputs from the sensor. Two on-board LEDs provide visual feedback from the sensor.
Tilt click can use a 3.3V or a 5V power supply, selectable via solder jumper (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Tilt Sensing Add-on Module Resources