MQ-4 high-sensitivity methane sensor Potentiometer for calibration Designed to use 5V power supply
Methane Click carries an MQ-4 sensor for detection of Methane (CH4). It also is fairly sensitive to LP Gas, but the LPG click is better suited for that application.
The gas-sensing layer on the sensor unit is made of Tin Dioxide (SnO2), an inorganic compound which has lower conductivity in clean air. The conductivity increases as the level of methane rises. The detection range is between 200 and 10000 parts per million.
To calibrate the sensor for the environment you'll be using it in, this board has a small potentiometer that allows you to adjust the load resistance of the sensor circuit. For precise calibration, the sensor should be powered up for 24 hours.
Methane Click communicates with your target board through the mikroBUS AN (OUT) line.
Note: This board is designed to use 5V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Methane Gas Sensor mikroBUS Module Resources