Standard RS232 port (DB9-F) and ST3232 (MAX3232) IC Jumper positions for connecting RTS (J2) and CTS (J3) lines Designed to use either 5V or 3.3V power supply
RS232 click is a simple solution for adding RS232 connectivity to your design. RS232 is a serial communications standard mostly used for industrial machines, networking equipment and scientific instruments, as well as for computer peripherals. This board features a standard RS232 DB9 port and an ST3232EB IC, along with a mikroBUS host socket, three jumpers and a power indicator LED.
RS232 click communicates with your target board through mikroBUS RX (RXD), TX (TXD), CS (RTS), and INT (CTS) lines. RS232 click is designed to use either a 3.3V or 5V power supply, selectable via zero-Ohm SMD jumper (in 3.3V position by default).
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
RS232 Interface mikroBUS Module Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item