This is a combination of the Raspberry Pi Through-Hole Prototyping Board Kit and the 0.5mm-pitch 12/24-pin QFP/QFN to DIP Adapter PCBs. This bundle will let you design your own shield for the Raspberry Pi, including some SMT components. The adapter boards use the patented Schmartboard|ez design that makes soldering surface-mount devices easy.
RPi Prototype Board This add-on board is the perfect way to add through-hole components to your Raspberry Pi project. The Schmartboard Through-Hole Prototyping Add-On Board for Raspberry Pi has the following unique features:
- Schmartboard's signature offset through-hole grid which expands part placement options (it's two 0.1"-pitch grids with 0.5" offset)
- An extra row of holes for easy access to Raspberry Pi's General I/O signals
- Rows of Power and Ground strips for easy and flexible power-up and circuit grounding
- Pre-routed traces to minimize the use of wire jumpers
- Has a slot for the video cable to keep the circuit clean and unencumbered
- Circuits for four level shifters to add devices more simply regardless of signal values
- Marked area where the Raspberry Pi USB and Ethernet connectors are located, to avoid conflicts
- Kit includes the PCB, two 2×13-pin stackable headers, and a 170-point solderless breadboard
SMD Adapter PCBs This bundle includes a strip of two QFP/QFN-to-DIP adapters. These have the patented Schmartboard|ez technology to make soldering surface-mount devices easy. Your SMT part will sit in grooves that hold it in place and already have solder in them. So all you need to do is put a chip in the grooves, apply flux, and use a small enough soldering tip.
The adapters ship as a single PCB that can be snapped apart easily, creating two individual boards:
The boards also include room for 0805 SMT components (e.g. a bypass capacitor), and pads for easy access to ground. Also, a plated hole in the center of the device area allows for the addition of solder to utilize ground pads on the bottom of the device.
- One for 12-pin QFN/QFP at 0.5mm pitch, 3×3mm body
- One for 24-pin QFN/QFP at 0.5mm pitch, 4×4mm body
A strip of 40 male pin headers is included. This strip also can be snapped apart so that you can create the individual segments needed when these boards have been separated. You can order an additional strip of pin headers using the option box at the bottom of this page.
If the SMT device you want to use on your Raspberry Pi prototype board is in a different package, have a look through the entire list of bundles to find one with the adapter you need.
RPi Prototype Board and SMD Adapter Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item