This is a combination of the Raspberry Pi Through-Hole Prototyping Board Kit and the 1.27mm-pitch 8/18/28-pin SOIC to DIP Adapter PCBs. This bundle will let you design your own shield for the Raspberry Pi, including some SMT components. The adapter boards use the patented Schmartboard|ez design that makes soldering surface-mount devices easy.
RPi Prototype Board This add-on board is the perfect way to add through-hole components to your Raspberry Pi project. The Schmartboard Through-Hole Prototyping Add-On Board for Raspberry Pi has the following unique features:
- Schmartboard's signature offset through-hole grid which expands part placement options (it's two 0.1"-pitch grids with 0.5" offset)
- An extra row of holes for easy access to Raspberry Pi's General I/O signals
- Rows of Power and Ground strips for easy and flexible power-up and circuit grounding
- Pre-routed traces to minimize the use of wire jumpers
- Has a slot for the video cable to keep the circuit clean and unencumbered
- Circuits for four level shifters to add devices more simply regardless of signal values
- Marked area where the Raspberry Pi USB and Ethernet connectors are located, to avoid conflicts
- Kit includes the PCB, two 2×13-pin stackable headers, and a 170-point solderless breadboard
SMD Adapter PCBs This bundle includes a strip of three SOIC-to-DIP adapters. These have the patented Schmartboard|ez technology to make soldering surface-mount devices easy. Your SMT part will sit in grooves that hold it in place and already have solder in them. So all you need to do is put a chip in the grooves, apply flux, and use a small enough soldering tip.
The adapters ship as a single PCB that can be snapped apart easily, creating three individual boards:
A strip of 40 male pin headers is included. This strip also can be snapped apart so that you can create the individual segments needed when these boards have been separated. This strip does not provide enough pins for all three boards (or even for the two larger boards). You can order additional pin headers using the option box at the bottom of this page.
- One for 8-pin SOIC at 1.27mm pitch
- One for 18-pin SOIC at 1.27mm pitch
- One for 28-pin SOIC at 1.27mm pitch
If the SMT device you want to use on your Raspberry Pi prototype board is in a different package, have a look through the entire list of bundles to find one with the adapter you need.
RPi Prototype Board and SMD Adapter Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item