This is a combination of the Raspberry Pi Through-Hole Prototyping Board Kit and the SOT23/SOT323/SC70 to DIP Adapter PCBs. This bundle will let you design your own shield for the Raspberry Pi, including some SMT components. The adapter boards use the patented Schmartboard|ez design that makes soldering surface-mount devices easy.
RPi Prototype Board This add-on board is the perfect way to add through-hole components to your Raspberry Pi project. The Schmartboard Through-Hole Prototyping Add-On Board for Raspberry Pi has the following unique features:
- Schmartboard's signature offset through-hole grid which expands part placement options (it's two 0.1"-pitch grids with 0.5" offset)
- An extra row of holes for easy access to Raspberry Pi's General I/O signals
- Rows of Power and Ground strips for easy and flexible power-up and circuit grounding
- Pre-routed traces to minimize the use of wire jumpers
- Has a slot for the video cable to keep the circuit clean and unencumbered
- Circuits for four level shifters to add devices more simply regardless of signal values
- Marked area where the Raspberry Pi USB and Ethernet connectors are located, to avoid conflicts
- Kit includes the PCB, two 2×13-pin stackable headers, and a 170-point solderless breadboard
SMD Adapter PCBs This bundle includes a strip of six SOIC-to-DIP adapters. These have the patented Schmartboard|ez technology to make soldering surface-mount devices easy. Your SMT part will sit in grooves that hold it in place and already have solder in them. So all you need to do is put a chip in the grooves, apply flux, and use a small enough soldering tip.
The adapters ship as a single PCB that can be snapped apart easily, creating six individual boards:
A strip of 40 male pin headers is included. This strip also can be snapped apart so that you can create the individual 3- and 4-pin segments needed when these boards have been separated. You can order additional pin headers using the option box at the bottom of this page.
- Qty 2 boards for up to 8-pin SOT23 at 0.95mm pitch
- Qty 2 boards for up to 6-pin SOT323, SOT353, or SOT363 at 0.65mm pitch
- Qty 2 boards for up to 6-pin SC70 at 0.65mm pitch
If the SMT device you want to use on your Raspberry Pi prototype board is in a different package, have a look through the entire list of bundles to find one with the adapter you need.
RPi Prototype Board and SMD Adapter Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item