Very high sensitivity — ideally suited for operation behind dark glass Resolution up to 16 bits Programmable analog gain, integration time, and interrupt function with upper and lower thresholds I2C communication, 3.3V power supply Includes color LED for illumination of objects
Color Click is a compact and easy solution for adding color sensing to your design. Use it to count items on a conveyor belt or to make your robot start and stop on green and red lights. It also works well for RGB LED backlight control, as a color temperature monitor, etc.
It features a TAOS/AMS TCS3471 color light-to-digital converter as well as an RGB LED. The TCS3471 features red, green, blue, and clear (RGBC) light sensing that detects light intensity under a variety of lighting conditions and through a variety of attenuation materials. The RGB LED is provided to help you illuminate the objects if no other light source is available.
Color Click communicates with the target board microcontroller via mikroBUS I2C (SDA, SCL), AN, CS, PWM and INT lines. Note: This board is designed to use 3.3V power supply only.
Color Click contains a separate pin for level-style interrupts. An interrupt is generated when the value of an RGBC conversion exceeds either an upper or lower threshold (programmable). In addition, a programmable interrupt persistence feature allows you to determine how many consecutive exceeded thresholds are necessary to trigger an interrupt.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Color Sensor Add-on Module Resources