A10S-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB is a low-cost single-board computer in a very compact form. It uses the Allwinner Technology A10S ARM Cortex-A8 processor.
A10S-OLinuXino is suitable for embedded programming enthusiasts, Linux gadget fans and also professionals since its low cost makes it a good solution for application-orientated embedded systems. It allows embedded software development without fully needing to understand the hardware side.
This version of the A10S-OLinuXino-MICRO comes with 4GB External NAND Flash. The board can boot from NAND Flash or a microSD card. Debian Linux and Android 4.1 and images are available to download. The Debian image comes with full support for all peripherals, Python GPIO access, OpenCV, UVC, and UEXT module support via Python and C. The Android includes support for GPIO, I2C and SPI.
In addition, the official Debian 8.0 Jessie release now has a Device Tree Blob specific to this board. However, it is designed to run from a microSD card; running it from NAND Flash is not supported.
The A10S's AXP152 power management unit does not have LiPo charging capability, so this board does not have a LiPo battery power option.
This board is an open-source hardware and software project; see the links below to participate in the development discussion.
A10S Development Board Features
- A10S Cortex-A8 processor at 1GHz, 3D Mali400 GPU, NEON
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB NAND Flash
- USB High-Speed Host with power control and current limiter
- USB-OTG with power control and current limiter
- HDMI output with ESD protectors
- 100Mbps native Ethernet
- Audio input (3.5mm line-in jack)
- Audio output (3.5mm headphones jack)
- UEXT connector (see below)
- LCD connector to work with 4.3", 7.0", 10.1" LCD modules
- 50 GPIOs on three GPIO connectors
- microSD card connector
- SD/MMC card connector (on back side of board)
- DEBUG-UART connector for console debug (see compatible USB-to-Serial Cable in options)
- Status LED
- Power LED
- 2KB EEPROM for MAC address and other storage
- 5 Buttons with Android functionality (VOL+, VOL-, MENU, ENTER, HOME)
- Microphone input possible on connector (not populated)
- Composite TV output possible on connector (not populated)
- Through-hole pads for adding a JTAG-DEBUG connector (not populated)
- Through-hole pads for adding UART1 connector (not populated)
- 5V input power supply, noise immune design (2.5mm barrel jack)
Add-on UEXT Modules Available This board has a universal extension connector, UEXT, which allows you to add a peripheral module easily. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
A10S Development Board Resources
Warning: If your HDMI TV does not have a grounded power supply, it can damage the OLinuXino board. If you can't use a grounded TV, add the 1000V DC USB Isolator between your PC's USB2.0 port and the USB-to-Serial Cable, and keep that cable connected to the OLinuXino board. The cable and the isolator can be purchased from the options below.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|USB-to-Serial Cable, 6 Female Header Wires, 3.3V I/O||+|| US$14.90|
|USB 2.0 Cable, 6ft., A-Male / B-Male||+|| US$6.00|
|USB 2.0 Cable, 6ft. A-Male / Mini-USB (5-pin) B-Male||+|| US$6.00|
|USB 2.0 Cable, 6ft. A-Male / Micro-USB (5-pin) B-Male||+|| US$6.00|
|HDMI Cable, 6 ft., Standard, A Male to A Male||+|| US$2.95|
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Frame Kit for 7||+|| US$2.55|
|10.1-inch LCD for A13/A20 OLinuXino, 1024x600||+|| US$49.95|
|2x5 (10-pin) 0.1" pitch IDC Connector Flat Ribbon Cable, 15cm||+|| US$1.90|
|Rectangular Pin Header, Male, 1x40 Single Row, 2.54mm Spacing||+|| US$0.75|
|80-pin (2x40) Dual Row Headers, 0.1" Spacing||+|| US$2.10|