TALUS is a Class 1 type Bluetooth USB adapter that supports transmission distance up to 300m with the included stub antenna (farther is possible with larger antennas). Having longer communication distance than typical Bluetooth USB adapters, it is suitable for industrial or special applications. TALUS is compatible with other Bluetooth devices too.
TALUS supports USB 2.0 and Bluetooth 4.0 +EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) which enables a maximum transfer speed up to 3Mbps and low power consumption. It comes with a 1dBi stub antenna that attaches via an RP-SMA connector. The specifications listed below assume you will be using the included antenna. See the User Manual for specs possible with other antenna types.
The included Bluetooth Driver CD contains the BlueSoleil Bluetooth Stack for Windows. TALUS also can be used on the Mac OS X Bluetooth stack driver.
TALUS USB Bluetooth Module Features
- Speed: Up to 3 Mbps
- Distance: Up to 300m (farther is possible with different antennas)
- Transmit Power: +19dBm (+6dBm EDR) E.I.R.P.
- Receive Sensitivity: -90dBm @ Basic 1Mbps; -88dBm @ EDR 2Mbps; -86dBm @ EDR 3Mbps
- Bluetooth Stack: BlueSoleil
- Bluetooth Profiles: DUN, FAX, SPP, HID, FTP, OPP, A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP, PAN, BPP
- Signals: TXD, RXD, RTS, CTS, GND for RS232
- Operating Temp.: -20 to +70 °C
- Storage Temp.: -40 to +85 °C
- Humidity: 90% non-condensing
- Certifications: FCC, CE, KC
- Frequency Range: 2.402 to 2.480 GHz
- 1-year limited warranty
The TALUS measures 22 mm wide and 10 mm thick. The length of the base unit (i.e. not counting the external antenna connector) is 69 mm. Counting the antenna connector, the length is 72 mm. With the included antenna attached, the total length becomes 100.7 mm.
TALUS USB Bluetooth Module Resources