This board is for projects that need a permanent home. Its low cost and its feature-rich yet simple design is ideal for most any project using the Propeller P8X32A multicore microcontroller. The core Propeller programming circuitry is built into the board, with access to all 32 I/O pins.
Thoughtful features such as power and over-voltage LEDs and well-placed labels on both sides of the board help make circuit building fast and accurate. The reset button, USB, power, and optional connectors are all set at right angles for easy access when the finished project is mounted in an enclosure.
The Propeller P8X32A-Q44 on the board is an 8-core low-power microcontroller with 32 KB SRAM and up to 20 MIPS per core. By partitioning separate tasks into separate cores, the Propeller can load programs and features and can re-allocate resources on the fly, without the overhead of an operating system. Features that often require dedicated hardware can be defined in software and run in parallel. When running at a total of 160 MIPS, the power consumption is usually less than 80 mA. For more information, refer to the Propeller P8X32A page.
Propeller Project Board Features
- Programming-ready with surface-mount Propeller P8X32A, 64 KB EEPROM, and 5 MHz removable crystal
- USB Mini-B connector for programming and power, compatible with USB charging devices
- Large 5.75 in² prototyping area with 580 through-hole connections provides plenty of room for your project's components
- Built-in pads and circuitry make it easy to add a microSD card socket and VGA connector
- SOT-23 pads and custom-designed 64-pin SMT pads accomodate a wide variety of IC packages
- 40-pin header accepts add-on boards made for the Propeller QuickStart (you'll probably want to install a 2x20-pin socket so you can plug and unplug them)
The board ships with four rubber feet.
- Surface-mount Propeller P8X32A-Q44
- 64 KB EEPROM
- 5.00 MHz removable crystal
- USB Mini-B programming
- 64-pin SMT pads for SO type SMD, 0603, 0805, 1206, SOT-223, CDFP and SSOP
- Power and Over-Voltage LEDs
- 16 labeled SOT-23 pads
- Pads and circuitry for adding a VGA connector (connector not included)
- Pads and circuitry for adding a microSD card slot (card slot not included)
- External power pads accept 12 AWG wire, alligator clips, screw terminal, or center-positive barrel jack connector
- VIN on board 16V @ 3A max.
- 3.3V DC Switching Regulator, 1A
- Power Requirements: USB power or 5V to 16V DC via external input
- Communication: USB Mini-B for serial-over-USB
- Dimensions: 3.05 × 4 in (7.75 × 10.2 cm)
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
Propeller Project Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item