MOD-RS232 is an RS232 level shifter that allows you to connect an RS232 device to any board with a UEXT connector. As more and more new development boards don't have an RS232 interface built in, this module allows you to continue using your legacy RS232 peripherals.
UEXT-RS232 Interface Module Features
- MAX3232CDR chip by Texas Instruments
- UEXT connector and a ribbon cable
- RS232 DB-9 connector
- RX-TX singal swap via SMD jumpers
- FR-4, 1.5 mm, red soldermask, white component print
- PCB dimensions: 26 × 26 mm (1 × 1"); Nominal dimensions: 33 × 26 (1.3 × 1)"
UEXT Connector The UEXT connector provides a solderless way to connect this module to a system with a microcontroller. There are dozens of microcontroller systems and development boards that can connect to this module via UEXT using the supplied cable. Click on the architectures below for lists of compatible boards:
Download MOD-RS232 Schematic