MLX90614ESF-AAA single-zone infrared thermometer module with 17-bit ADC powerful DSP unit and 10-bit PWM Configured to measure temperature in the range of -40 to +85 °C with output resolution of 0.14 °C
IrThermo Click 5V features a Melexis MLX90614ESF-AAA single-zone Infrared Thermometer module capable of non-contact temperature measurements (i.e. like a temperature gun). It is configured to measure temperature in range of -70 to 380 °C (-94 to +716 °F) with an output resolution of 0.01 °C (0.18 °F). IrThermo Click communicates with a target board microcontroller via mikroBUS I2C lines (SCL, SDA) or a PWM line, selectable by solder jumpers (in I2C positions by default). Under PWM mode, the measurement range is -20 to +120 °C (-4 to +248 °F) with an output resolution of 0.14 °C (0.252 °F).
These features make this board ideal for automotive, industrial temperature control, body temperature measurement, movement detection, air conditioning control, etc.
Note: This board is designed to use 5V power supply only. For 3.3V systems, see the IrThermo Click 3V3.
WARNING — While the sensor can read very low and very high temperatures on objects, take care not to expose your PCB and components to ambient temperatures outside their rated specifications.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Non-contact Thermometer Add-on Board Resources