Everything a beginner needs
This kit walks you through the basics of using the Arduino in a hands-on way. You'll learn through building several creative projects. Starting with the basics of electronics, and moving on to more complex projects, this kit will help you to control the physical world with sensors and actuators.
The kit includes an Arduino Uno R3, a 170-page projects book, and more components than actually are used in the projects, to encourage your own creativity.
Arduino Kit Projects The projects book will guide you through building the following fun circuits:
You can copy and paste the code for each of these projects from the Starter Kit Labs Page which also has instructions and translated code for doing all the same projects using the more advanced Arduino Yún embedded Linux board (not included in this kit).
- Get to Know Your Tools an introduction to the concepts you'll need to use this kit
- Spaceship Interface design a control panel for your starship
- Love-O-Meter measure how hot-blooded you are
- Color Mixing Lamp produce any color with a lamp that uses light as an input
- Mood Cue clue people in to how you're feeling
- Light Theremin create a musical instrument you play by waving your hands
- Keyboard Instrument play music and make some noise with this keyboard
- Digital Hourglass a light-up hourglass that can stop you from working too much
- Motorized Pinwheel a color wheel that will have your head spinning
- Zoetrope create a mechanical animation you can play forward or reverse
- Crystal Ball a mystical guide to answer all your tough questions
- Knock Lock tap out the secret code to open the door
- Touchy-Feel Lamp a lamp that responds to your touch
- Tweak the Arduino Logo control your personal computer from your Arduino
- Hacking Buttons create a master control for all your devices
Once you've mastered this knowledge, you'll have a palette of software and circuits that you can use to create something original. You can visit the Starter Kit Forum and ask the community for guidance if you get stuck.
Arduino Starter Kit Contents Many of the contents listed below contain a link for you to download the datasheet of that part.
|1||Arduino Projects Book (170 pages)|
|1||Arduino Uno R3 board|
|1||Easy-to-assemble wooden base|
|1||9V battery snap|
|70||Solid core jumper wires|
|2||Stranded jumper wires|
|6||Photoresistors, VT90N2 LDR|
|3||Potentiometers, 10kΩ, Part no. TBD|
|1||Temperature sensor, TMP36|
|1||Alphanumeric LCD (16×2 characters)|
|1||Bright White LED|
|1||Small DC motor, 6/9V|
|1||Small servo motor|
|1||Piezo sound capsule, PKM17EPP-4001-B0|
|1||H-bridge motor driver, L293D|
|2||Mosfet transistors, IRF520|
|3||Transparent gels (red, green, blue)|
|1||Strip of male pins, 40×1|
Expanded Functionality with Arduino Shields The Arduino's I/O port pins are not just for wiring to a breadboard. Ready-to-use add-on peripheral boards called Arduino Shields can plug into them. In some cases, multiple shields can be stacked on top of one another.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item