This is a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable with a micro-B Male device connector on one end and an A Male host connector on the other.
Note: USB 3.0 "B" connectors are a different form factor than previous versions of USB. Make sure your device has a USB 3.0 micro-B connector (not USB 2.0). The "A" connector, while having more pins inside, can still plug into USB 2.0 hosts, and the USB 3.0 protocol is backward-compatible, so you can connect a USB 3.0 device to a USB 2.0 host using this cable. Obviously, you won't get USB 3.0 performance unless your host also uses USB 3.0.
USB 3.0 Overview
- SuperSpeed with 5 Gbps data transfer rate and signaling rate offering 10x performance increase over Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)
- Hot-Sync capability
- SuperSpeed USB is a Sync-N-Go technology that minimizes user wait-time
- SuperSpeed USB provides optimized power efficiency; it uses one-third of the power that USB 2.0 did, while delivering twice as much power
- No device polling and lower active and idle power requirements
- SuperSpeed USB is backward-compatible with USB 2.0; you can connect a USB 3.0 device to a USB 2.0 host, and USB 3.0 hosts support USB 2.0 devices