10/100BaseT Ethernet port RS232, RS485 and RS422 modes (DB9M port) Up to three channels in RS232 mode DIN rail and wall mounting plates included Optional OLED display Optional WiFi interface or Power-over-Ethernet Compact — 90 × 48 × 25 mm
The DS1102 is a compact BASIC-programmable controller targeting cost-sensitive serial-over-IP and serial control applications. The device comes preloaded with a fully functional serial-over-IP application.
The DS1102 features a universal RS232/422/485 serial port. The device has a single DB9M connector and is priced as a single-port device, yet provides three independent serial channels in RS232 mode. Have no use for those DSR and DTR lines? Turn them into RX and TX of an additional serial channel. Don't want CTS and RTS either? That's one more channel! In total, there are eight different configurations or "port mappings" to choose from for RS232, and three configurations to choose from for RS422.
The picture above shows the DS1102 with an optional 96×32-pixel monochrome OLED display. See the Add-On option selector at the bottom of this page to order the DS1102 with the display and/or a WiFi or Power-over-Ethernet module.
The device can be powered via its barrel power jack or the optional Power-over-Ethernet module.
There are eight LEDs on the device's front: green and red main status LEDs, a yellow Ethernet link LED, and five blue LEDs which can be used to show WiFi signal strength when using the optional WiFi module.
The DS1102 is equipped with a buzzer that you can use for audible status indication.
Each DS1102 is supplied with plates for mounting on a DIN rail or a wall. The lower picture shows what the plates look like installed on the unit.
Programmable Serial Controller Features
- Superior upgrade to the DS1206 and DS100B devices
- Based on the high-performance T1000 IC
- 10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port
- Optional 802.11b/g WiFi interface or Power-over-Ethernet module (mutually exclusive)
- Optional 96×32 monochrome OLED display
- 1024KB Flash memory for firmware, application and data
- 2 KB EEPROM for data storage
- Green and red main status LEDs
- Yellow Ethernet link LED
- Five blue LEDs (e.g. to show WiFi signal strength)
- Built-in buzzer
- Software-controlled on-board PLL
- Power: 12V DC nominal (min. 9V, max. 18V)
- Dimensions: 90 × 48 × 25 mm
- Operating temperature range: -5 to +70 °C
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network (including cold upgrade firmware uploads through the network)
- CE and FCC certified
Software-selectable RS232, RS422 and RS485 on DB9M connector
- Baud rates up to 921600 bps
- None/Even/Odd/Mark/Space parity
- 7/8 data bits per character
- Optional RTS/CTS flow control (RS232 and RS422)
- Direction control (RS485)
- Eight different RS232 configurations (1-3 channels)
- Three different RS422 configurations
Programmable Serial Controller Programming
- sock — Socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP and HTTP sessions)
- net — Controls the Ethernet port
- wln — Handles the Wi-Fi interface (when present)
- lcd — Controls the OLED display (when present)
- ser — In charge of the RS232 port
- io — Handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts
- fd — Manages Flash memory file system and direct sector access
- stor — Provides access to the EEPROM
- romfile — Facilitates access to resource files (fixed data)
- pppoe — Accesses the internet over an ADSL modem
- ppp — Accesses the internet over a serial modem
- pat — "Plays" patterns on green and red status LEDs
- beep — Generates buzzer patterns
- button — Monitors the setup button
- sys — In charge of general device functionality
Function Groups String functions (27 in total), eight date/time conversion functions, encryption/hash calculation functions (AES128, RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
Variable Types Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
Tibbo Integrated Development Environment (TIDE) It takes just one key (F5) to compile your Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C project, upload it to the target, and run it with full debugging capabilities. You don't need any special debugging hardware; just connect your DS1102 to the LAN and debug right through the network.
Programmable Serial Controller Resources
If you want to get one of the DB9-to-Terminal adapters shown in the options below, the Inverted version is recommended as it will make the terminal connections face up and be more easily accessible.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Power Supply, 12V DC, 0.5A, 3.5x1.35mm, center pos., 100-240V AC||+|| US$11.00|
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|
|Serial Null Modem Cable, 6ft., DB9 F/F||+|| US$7.00|
|DB9F to Screwless Terminal Adapter||+|| US$6.00|
|DB9F to Screwless Terminal Adapter, Inverted||+|| US$6.00|