10/100BaseT Ethernet port 3.5-channel RS232 port (DB9M) Power input/output through DB9 DIN rail and wall mounting plates included Optional OLED display Optional WiFi interface or Power-over-Ethernet Compact — 90 × 48 × 25 mm
The DS1101 is a compact programmable controller targeting cost-sensitive serial-over-IP and serial control applications. The device comes preloaded with a fully functional serial-over-IP application.
A key feature of the DS1101 is its multi-channel serial port. The device has a single DB9M connector and is priced as a single-port device, yet packs four independent serial channels. Have no use for those DSR and DTR lines? Turn them into RX and TX of an additional serial channel. Don't want CTS and RTS either? That's one more channel! In total, there are 15 different configurations or "port mappings" to choose from, starting from a standard single-channel configuration (RX, TX, CTS, RTS, DSR, and DTR) all the way to a 3.5-channel setup (RX, TX, RX2, TX2, RX3, TX3, and RX4).
Another feature of the DS1101 is software-controlled power output on pin 9 of the RS232 port, so you can power an attached serial device directly through the DS1101. Alternatively, the DS1101 itself can be powered through this pin when not powered via its barrel jack or optional PoE module.
There are eight LEDs on the device's front: green and red main status LEDs, a yellow Ethernet link LED, and five blue LEDs which can be used to show WiFi signal strength when using the optional WiFi module.
The DS1101 is equipped with a buzzer that you can use for audible status indication.
The picture above shows the DS1101 with an optional 96×32-pixel monochrome OLED display. See the Add-On option selector at the bottom of this page to order the DS1101 with the display and/or the WiFi or Power-over-Ethernet module.
Each DS1101 is supplied with plates for mounting on a DIN rail or a wall. The lower picture shows what the plates look like installed on the unit.
Programmable Serial Controller Features
- Superior upgrade to the DS1206 device
- Based on the high-performance T1000 IC
- 10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port
- Optional 802.11b/g WiFi interface or Power-over-Ethernet module (mutually exclusive)
- Optional 96×32 monochrome OLED display
- 1024KB Flash memory for firmware, application and data
- 2 KB EEPROM for data storage
- Green and red main status LEDs
- Yellow Ethernet link LED
- Five blue LEDs (e.g. to show WiFi signal strength)
- Built-in buzzer
- Software-controlled on-board PLL
- Power: 12V DC nominal (min. 9V, max. 18V)
- Dimensions: 90 × 48 × 25 mm
- Operating temperature range: -5 to +70 °C
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network (including cold upgrade firmware uploads through the network)
- CE and FCC certified
3.5-channel RS232 port on DB9M connector
- TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, and DCD lines
- Baud rates of up to 921600 bps
- None/Even/Odd/Mark/Space parity
- 7/8 data bits per character
- Optional RTS/CTS flow control
- Flexible mapping with 15 different configurations
- Programmable "12V" power output on pin 9 of the DB9 (actually the input voltage minus the voltage drop across the diode, i.e. 12V at the power jack nets about 11.7V out of pin 9)
- Pin 9 also can be used for "12V" power input
Programmable Serial Controller Programming
- sock — Socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP and HTTP sessions)
- net — Controls the Ethernet port
- wln — Handles the Wi-Fi interface (when present)
- lcd — Controls the OLED display (when present)
- ser — In charge of the RS232 port
- io — Handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts
- fd — Manages Flash memory file system and direct sector access
- stor — Provides access to the EEPROM
- romfile — Facilitates access to resource files (fixed data)
- pppoe — Accesses the internet over an ADSL modem
- ppp — Accesses the internet over a serial modem
- pat — "Plays" patterns on green and red status LEDs
- beep — Generates buzzer patterns
- button — Monitors the setup button
- sys — In charge of general device functionality
Function Groups String functions (27 in total), eight date/time conversion functions, encryption/hash calculation functions (AES128, RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
Variable Types Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
Tibbo Integrated Development Environment (TIDE) It takes just one key (F5) to compile your Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C project, upload it to the target, and run it with full debugging capabilities. You don't need any special debugging hardware; just connect your DS1101 to the LAN and debug right through the network.
Programmable Serial Controller Resources
If you want to get one of the DB9-to-Terminal adapters shown in the options below, the Inverted version is recommended as it will make the terminal connections face up and be more easily accessible.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Power Supply, 12V DC, 0.5A, 3.5x1.35mm, center pos., 100-240V AC||+|| US$11.00|
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|
|Serial Null Modem Cable, 6ft., DB9 F/F||+|| US$7.00|
|DB9F to Screwless Terminal Adapter||+|| US$6.00|
|DB9F to Screwless Terminal Adapter, Inverted||+|| US$6.00|