The DS100R-SK is a starter kit containing the DS100R, a U.S. power supply, a DB9M-to-DB9F serial cable, a DB9F-to-DB9F null modem serial cable, an Ethernet crossover cable, and a straight-through Ethernet cable.
The Tibbo DS100R is a Serial Device Server that externally connects any existing serial device to an Ethernet (TCP/IP) network. The DS100R features a compact and stylish design and an RS232 serial port available through a single DB9M connector.
The DS100R Serial Device Server internally is based on the Tibbo EM100 Ethernet Module.
10Mbps Ethernet to Serial (RS232) Device Server Features
- Dimensions: 95 × 57 × 30 mm
- Power requirements: 12V DC, approx. 80mA
- One 10BaseT Ethernet port
- One RS232 port (RX, TX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR)
- RTS, CTS, DTR, and DSR lines can be used as remotely controlled I/O
- Four LEDs display status information (two on side; two on top)
- Two internal 510-Byte routing buffers
- On-board EEPROM stores numerous user-definable functioning parameters
- Supported network protocols include UDP, TCP, ARP, ICMP (PING), DHCP, PPPoE, and LCP
- Setup can be performed through the serial port or network (over-the-network IP-address configuration is also supported)
- Specialized "on-the-fly" commands for serial port control, "modem" commands to control network connections, status commands for remote status monitoring, etc.
- Direct control of ADSL modems
- Internal firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
- Supplied with Tibbo Device Server Toolkit for Windows, including Virtual Serial Port Driver (COM redirector)
- Linux version of the VSPD is also available
View a video of the Tibbo Connection Wizard showing how to create a Virtual Serial Port and link it with the Device Server.
If you want to get one of the DB9-to-Terminal adapters shown in the options below, the normal version (as opposed to inverted) is recommended as it will make the terminal connections face up and be more easily accessible.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item