The DS1004SK is a starter kit containing the DS1004 (including its usual accessories, i.e. straight-through serial cable, test board, mounting kit and waterproof secondary cover kit), a U.S. power supply, a DB9F-to-DB9F null modem serial cable (for connection to PC), and a straight-through Ethernet cable.
With high-precision A/D and D/A channels, the DS1004 is a great fit for measurement and control applications in the fields of building automation (e.g. HVAC), process automation, lab work, etc.
Unlike many "remote I/O" products, the DS1004's capabilities are not limited to just relaying I/O data to a central server. Programmability in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C means that you can create systems where intelligent decisions are made in real time by the DS1004 itself.
The capabilities of the DS1004 are further expanded by two low-power relays and one simple RS232/485 port. This port can be used for connecting an auxiliary serial device, a card or barcode reader, or even additional DS10xx devices.
The DS1004 comes pre-loaded with an open-source Remote I/O Application for remote control/monitoring of the device's A/Ds, D/As and relays through a web browser or through Tibbo's AggreGate device management system. This application can be customized easily for any functionality desired.
Analog I/O Controller Features
- Dimensions: 91 × 104 × 99 mm (excluding secondary cover)
- Extruded-profile aluminum body
- IP68 compliant (when used with secondary cover)
- Operating temperature -30 to +75 degrees C
- CE and FCC certified
- 8 A/D inputs (24-bit resolution)
- 4 D/A outputs (14-bit resolution, voltage/current outputs)
- 2 low-power relays — 1A / 24V DC
- 1 RS232/485 port
- 8 status LEDs
- Based on the EM1000 module
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port
- 1024KB Flash for firmware, application, and data storage
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage
- RTC with back-up supercapacitor
- Built-in buzzer
- 11 status LEDs
- Power: 10-18V
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
Analog I/O Controller Programming
- Sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions)
- Net — controls Ethernet port
- Ser — in charge of serial channels
- Io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts
- Rtc — keeps track of date and time
- Fd — manages Flash memory file system and direct sector access
- Stor — provides access to the EEPROM
- Romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data)
- Pat — "plays" patterns on five status LED pairs
- Beep — generates buzzer patterns
- Button — monitors the setup button
- Sys — in charge of general device functionality
- Strings functions (21 in total)
- Date/time conversion functions
- Hash calculation functions (md5 and sha1)
- Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
View the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C Online Manual.
View Tibbo BASIC Introduction Videos.
Analog I/O Controller Package Contents
- DS1004 unit
- Waterproof kit with secondary cover, cable glands, screws
- DMK1000 DIN rail mounting kit
- TB1004 test board
- DB9F-DB9M straight-through serial cable for firmware upgrades
- 12V North American power supply
- DB9F-DB9F serial null modem cable
- Ethernet cable
Optional Recommended Products for this Item