The DS1000SK is a starter kit containing the DS1000 (including its usual accessories, i.e. mounting kit and waterproof secondary cover kit), a U.S. power supply, a DB9F-to-DB9F null modem serial cable (for connection to PC), and a straight-through Ethernet cable.
The DS1000 is a 4-port programmable industrial controller designed primarily for serial-over-IP and serial control projects. It comes pre-loaded with a fully functional open-source serial-over-IP application.
The DS1000 is programmable in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C which also provides a complete IDE for debugging. The functionality of the DS1000 is determined by whatever Tibbo BASIC/C application it is running. It is perfectly suited for work as an intelligent serial controller, a serial device server, or a serial communications gateway.
It requires 10-18V DC power, which can be provided through a 3.5mm coaxial jack (center positive) or a two-pole screw terminal. This kit's included power supply will plug into the coaxial jack.
Other versions of this controller are available that add wireless connectivity in the form of GPRS, WiFi or both.
Programmable 4-port Serial Controller Features
- Dimensions: 91 × 104 × 99 mm (excluding secondary cover)
- Extruded-profile aluminum body
- IP68 compliant (when used with secondary cover)
- Operating temperature -30 to +80 °C
- CE and FCC certified
- Four RS232 ports
- 8 status LEDs
- Based on the EM1000 module
- Four high-speed serial ports, up to 920Kbps, with TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR and DSR lines
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port
- 1024KB Flash for firmware, application, and data storage
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage
- RTC with back-up supercapacitor (approx. 6 days); 40-bit with 128Hz increments
- Clock frequency: 88.4736 MHz with PLL on; 11.0592 MHz with PLL off
- Built-in buzzer (6 Hz to 221184 MHz)
- 11 status LEDs
- Power: 10-18V
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
4-port Serial Controller Programming
- sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions)
- net — controls Ethernet port
- ser — in charge of serial channels
- ssi — up to 4 serial synchronous interface channels (for SPI, I2C, etc.)
- io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts
- rtc — keeps track of date and time
- fd — manages Flash memory file system and direct sector access
- stor — provides access to the EEPROM
- romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data)
- pppoe — accesses the internet over an ADSL modem
- ppp — accesses the internet over a serial modem (e.g. landline or GPRS)
- pat — "plays" patterns on five status LED pairs
- beep — generates buzzer patterns
- button — monitors the setup button
- sys — in charge of general device functionality
- Strings functions (21 in total)
- Date/time conversion functions (8)
- Encryption/hash calculation functions (AES128, RC4, MD5, SHA-1)
- Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
View the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C Online Manual.
View Tibbo BASIC Introduction Videos.
View a video of the Serial-over-IP application (uses the WiFi version of this controller).
View a video of the Tibbo Connection Wizard showing how to create a Virtual Serial Port and link it with the Device Server.
4-port Serial Controller Package Contents
- DS1000 unit
- Waterproof kit with secondary cover, cable glands, screws
- DMK1000 DIN rail mounting kit
- 12V North American power supply
- Serial null modem cable
- Ethernet cable
Optional Recommended Products for this Item