10/100BaseT Ethernet Port Compact size — 60 × 47 × 30 mm Up to 3.5 serial channels Power input/output through RS232 port Free serial-over-IP application installed
The DS1206SK is a starter kit containing the DS1206, a U.S. power supply, a DB9F-to-DB9F null modem serial cable (for connection to PC), and a straight-through Ethernet cable.
The DS1206 is a miniature programmable controller designed primarily for serial-over-IP and serial control applications. It comes preloaded with a fully functional serial-over-IP application. It is equivalent to the "RS" version of the DS1206N board, but comes in an enclosure.
The unique feature of the DS1206 is its multi-channel serial port. The device has a single DB9M connector and is priced as a single-port device, yet packs four independent serial channels. Have no use for those DSR and DTR lines? Turn them into RX and TX of an additional serial channel. Don't want CTS and RTS either? That's one more channel! In total, there are 15 different configurations or "port mappings" to choose from, starting from a standard single-channel configuration (RX, TX, CTS, RTS, DSR, and DTR) all the way to a 3.5-channel setup (RX, TX, RX2, TX2, RX3, TX3, and RX4).
Another feature of the DS1206 is software-controlled power output on pin 9 of the RS232 port, so you can power an attached serial device directly through the DS1206. Alternatively, the DS1206 itself can be powered through this pin.
Serial-over-IP Controller Features
Serial port specifications:
- Based on high-performance purpose-built 88MHz T1000 IC.
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port.
- Up to 3.5 serial channels on a single RS232 connector.
- Up to 1024KB Flash memory for firmware, application, and data.
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage.
- Green and red status LEDs on top of the device.
- Link and speed Ethernet status LEDs on the RJ45 jack.
- Software-controlled onboard PLL.
- Power: 10-24V (12V nominal).
- Dimensions: 60 × 47 × 30 mm.
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network.
- Baud rates of up to 921,600bps.
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes.
- 7/8 bits/character modes.
- Optional flow control.
- Flexible mapping with 15 different options from single-channel to 3.5-channel.
- Optional 12V power output on pin 9 of the DB9M connector.
- Pin 9 can also be used for 12V power input.
- CE and FCC certified.
For details about the DS1206 hardware and all the available serial port map settings, see the DS1206 user manual.
For details about programming the DS1206, see the Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C documentation.
View Tibbo BASIC Introduction Videos.
View a video of the Serial-over-IP application showing WiFi support.
View a video of the Tibbo Connection Wizard showing how to create a Virtual Serial Port and link it with the Device Server.
If you want to get one of the DB9-to-Terminal adapters shown in the options below, the normal version (as opposed to inverted) is recommended as it will make the terminal connections face up and be more easily accessible.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item