The EasyMx PRO v7 for STM32 is a development board for STM32 ARM Cortex-M3, Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M7 microcontrollers. It comes with an STM32F107VCT6 on a plug-in CPU module. The board contains many on-board peripherals necessary for development of a variety of applications, including multimedia, Ethernet, USB, CAN, etc.
The board is built with 4-layer PCB routing to achieve excellent signal quality, which is important for SPI and other communication lines running at high speeds. It includes multimedia peripherals such as TFT touch screen, stereo MP3 codec with Headphone and Microphone jacks, microSD slot and Navigation switch.
There are plenty of communication modules on board too: USB Host and Device connectors, two USB-UARTs, Ethernet and CAN module. Two mikroBUS sockets enable you to add Click boards easily.
The board features nine Input/Output PORT groups with IDC10 headers, buttons and LEDs.
No external programming hardware is required, for the board contains a built-in mikroProg fast USB 2.0 programmer and hardware debugger based on the popular ST-LINK v2, capable of programming more than 180 microcontrollers.
STM32 Development Board Features
|CPU Module|| STM32F107VCT6 ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller, 72 MHz operation, 0-wait-states execution from 256 KB Flash memory, 64 KB RAM, low power, and rich peripherals. The CPU module can be replaced with one containing a different CPU. |
|3.3V power supply|| Board can be powered over USB cable or via an external power supply (barrel connector or screw terminals). |
|mikroProg|| The on-board mikroProg in-circuit debugger/programmer allows you to program the microcontroller on the board via USB cable. The mikroProg's USB port also can be used to power the board when the J9 jumper is set to the USB position. |
|Ethernet connector|| RJ45 connector gives you access to the on-chip ethernet controller of compatible devices. |
|Audio connectors|| 3.5mm jacks enable you to connect headphones and a microphone to the on-board audio codec chip. |
|mikroBUS sockets|| Two mikroBUS sockets allow you to use plug-and-play Click Boards to add peripheral functions. |
|Reset button|| High-quality reset button and circuit ensures stable reset operation. |
|Serial Flash|| You can store up to 8 Mbits of data in the on-board M25P80 SPI Flash memory. |
|I2C EEPROM|| You can store up to 8x256 bytes of configuration or other data into the on-board 24AA01 Serial EEPROM. |
|Stereo MP3 codec|| The VS1053 MPEG audio codec with SPI interface is available for audio input and output. It supports many formats. |
|Piezo buzzer|| The piezo buzzer can be connected to two digital output pins, one of which is the PWM output. |
|ADC potentiometer|| You can simulate analog inputs using the on-board potentiometer. Jumpers allow you to set which input pin it is connected to. |
|Temperature sensor support|| The board has sockets for installing a DS1820 digital temperature sensor and an LM35 analog temperature sensor. Neither is included. |
|USB-UART connectors|| Two USB connectors with FTDI USB-UART chips allow you to connect the board to a PC or other devices via virtual serial ports. |
|USB Host connector|| You can connect USB devices as a slave to the board, e.g. Flash drives, cameras, MP3 players, etc. |
|USB Device connector|| You can connect this board as a slave to a PC or other USB Host via fast USB2.0 interface. |
|LCD with Touch Panel|| The board includes an EasyTFT board featuring a 320×240-pixel TFT color LCD with touch screen. A touch panel controller and a backlight controller are on board also. You also can replace the TFT module with a 128×64 GLCD module. |
|Navigation switch|| This small joystick can be used for navigating on-screen menus or as a generic input device. |
|microSD card slot|| You can store large amounts of data externally on a microSD card using SPI communication. microSD card not included. |
|CAN controller|| The board has an MCP2551 CAN controller and screw terminals. |
|Tri-state DIP switches|| Three-position DIP switches allow you to enable a 4K7 pull-up or pull-down resistor on any desired port pin. |
|Push buttons & LEDs|| Buttons and LEDs in each input/output group enable you to have digital inputs on each port pin. There are 67 buttons & LEDs in total. |
|Button press level|| Three-position DIP switches allow you to pull up or pull down the buttons in each input/output group. |
|Port headers|| Two male IDC10 port headers are available for each input/output group — one row of headers on the bottom edge, one row on the right edge of the board. |
|Oscilloscope GND pins|| Three GND pins are available on the board for easy connection to GND reference when using oscilloscope probes. |
Software Examples The included DVD-ROM contains the following example software, both as ready-to-load compiled code and as source code written in C, BASIC and Pascal. The source codes provide detailed explanatory comments.
- ADC demo, displaying results on PORTH and PORTJ.
- Button press demo, toggles LEDs on PORTD.
- Simple calculator demo for touchscreen.
- CAN bus library demo, turns on LEDs and CAN switches.
- Ethernet library demo, replies to ARP, ICMP, UDP and HTTP requests.
- Demonstration of GLCD library routines for pattern fill, images, geometric shapes, text.
- Two HID read/write demos, echo back characters sent from HID terminal to the ARM.
- Simple I2C demo, writing one byte on 24C02 EEPROM then reading it and displaying on PORTD.
- Advanced I2C demo, initializing, writing to and reading 24C02 EEPROM, displaying through UART.
- Joystick demo.
- LED curtain effect demo.
- Blinking LED demo.
- Demonstration of LM35 sensor, displays temperature on TFT. (LM35 sold separately.)
- Map application demo. Displays a world map. Touching continents opens up an information display.
- Demonstrations of MMC/SD functions for reading/writing files and observing results through USART terminal.
- Demonstrations of communicating with VS1053B codec. Reads MP3 file from MMC and sends it to VS1053B for decoding and playback.
- Demonstration of one-wire communication to DS18x20 digital temperature sensor, prints results on TFT. (DS18x20 sold separately.)
- Demonstrations of Serial Flash usage (chip erase, read Flash ID, read/write a byte, read/write an array).
- Demonstration of game graphic interfaces. Use a touch-joypad to move a ball through a maze with obstacles.
- Demonstration of using sound library to play tones on the piezo buzzer.
- Demonstration of TFT display elements.
- Demonstrations of UART libraries via loopback interface. Data sent to ARM through UART are sent back.
- EasyMx PRO v7 for STM32 Board
- USB cable
- DVD-ROM with documentation and code examples
- Printed documentation
STM32 Development Board Resources
Expansion Modules There are more than 200 add-on boards you can find in the mikroElektronika Accessory Boards category, some of which connect directly to the IDC10 port expansion headers, and some which must be wired up. See also the mikroBUS Category for plug-and-play expansion modules that utilize the mikroBUS sockets on this board.
Changing the CPU You can get an extra CPU module or an alternative CPU header module using the add-on options below. If you have a specific other STM32 microcontroller that you want to use, empty MCU cards are available for you to assemble with your own MCU and components.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|DS18S20+ Digital Temperature Sensor, TO-92 Package||+|| US$5.13|
|Temperature Sensor, Analog, °C Calibrated, LM35DZ, TO-92 Package||+|| US$1.87|
|USB 2.0 Cable, 6ft., A-Male / B-Male||+|| US$6.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|CPU Module: EasyMx PRO v7 for STM32 MCUcard with STM32F107VCT6||+|| US$24.00|
|CPU Module: EasyMx PRO v7 for STM32 MCUcard with STM32F207VGT6||+|| US$24.00|
|CPU Module: EasyMx PRO v7 for STM32 MCUcard with STM32F407VGT6||+|| US$24.00|
|CPU Module: EasyMx PRO v7 for STM32 MCUcard with STM32F746VGT6||+|| US$39.00|
|Visual TFT GUI Design Software w/ Templates for mikroElektronika||+|| US$99.00|
|GLCD Design Software for mikroElektronika Boards, Key File||+|| US$99.00|
|GLCD Design Software for mikroElektronika Boards, USB Dongle||+|| US$99.00|