The 5-Position Switch is a normally-open contact switch that provides directional output to your project.
This switch has a nice snappy feel, and returns to the center/un-pressed position immediately when it is released. By monitoring the input state of five pins, it's easy for a microcontroller to detect whether the switch is in the up, down, left, right, or pressed position. It is possible for more than one position to make contact at a time (e.g. pressed+right, left+down, pressed+right+down), for a total of 18 input states.
5-Position Switch Features
- 8-pin DIP module is ready for breadboard or through-hole projects
- 10 kΩ pull-up resistor included on each positional pin
- Simple communication with any Parallax microcontroller
- Power requirements: Supply voltage = output signal voltage. Set supply voltage for compatibility with your microcontroller's inputs
- Communication: Single-bit high/low output for each position
- Dimensions: 0.70 × 0.95 × 0.78 inches (17.8 × 24.1 × 19.8 mm)
- Operating temperature: 32 to 158 °F (0 to 70 °C)
5-Position Switch Resources