The Freescale Semiconductor MMA7455L 3-Axis Digital Output Accelerometer is a low-power, micro-machined sensor capable of measuring acceleration along its X, Y, and Z axes. It offers several convenient integrated features including an analog-to-digital converter (ADC), digital low-pass filter, and selectable sensitivity ranges of ±2g, ±4g, or ±8g. This device can be configured to detect quick motion pulses as single taps, double taps, and 0g (free fall) conditions on any or all axes, and provides configurable interrupt pins (INT1 and INT2) for each type of event.
Flexibility and compatibility are designed into this module. An on-board voltage regulator and I/O voltage level-shifters make this module especially easy to connect to virtually any microcontroller. It operates over a wide range of supply voltages (2.5V to 5.5V DC) and communicates via Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) or Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) bus.
3-Axis Accelerometer Module Features
- Selectable sensitivity: 8-bit mode (±2g/±4g/±8g) or 10-bit mode (±8g)
- User-configurable interrupts (INT1/INT2)
- User-settable registers to calibrate each axis
- Compatible with virtually any microcontroller
- On-board voltage regulators and I/O level shifters for added convenience
- Low-current operation: 26 µA typical in standby; <3 mA in full operation while transmitting data
- Compact, breadboard-friendly package, 0.1" (2.54mm) pin spacing
- Power requirement: 2.5V to 5.5V DC
- Communication interface: SPI (8 MHz max) or I2C
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
- Dimensions: 0.50 × 0.60 × 0.46 inches (12.74 × 15.24 × 11.68 mm)
3-Axis Accelerometer Module Resources