The Board of Education (BOE) was designed to teach microcontroller programming. The majority of the Stamps in Class student guides (e.g. Robotics with the Boe-Bot) requires a BS2-IC module with this Board of Education carrier board. Even if you aren't using the SiC curriculum, the ease of use and expandability make the BOE an ideal project board for BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller experimentation. Any 24-pin BS2 module can be used. The board includes a handy power switch and a servo jumper.
Note that a BASIC Stamp 2 module is not included. Once you install a BASIC Stamp 2 module, programming it can be done via the mini-USB port on this board by means of a virtual COM port.
BASIC Stamp Board of Education Features
- Can be powered by external power supply (6V to 9V DC) or 9V battery (neither is included)
- Mechanically interlocked power supply connectors prevent accidental connection of both power sources simultaneously
- mini-USB connector for BS2 programming and serial communication during run time
- P0 - P15 I/O pins, Vdd and Vss connections brought adjacent to 1.375 × 2 inch (35 × 51 mm) breadboard area
- Female 10-pin dual-row connector for optional AppMods
- On-board regulator delivers up to 1 Amp of power for larger projects
- Jumper selection of servo power: regulated (Vdd) or unregulated (Vin)
- Three-position power switch allows various powering options for programming without providing power to servo connectors
- Dimensions: 3.75 × 2.75 inches (95 × 70 mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 185 °F (0 to 70 °C)
Daughterboard Adapter Available If you connect a DB-Expander, you can add one of several ready-made daughterboards to your project. See that page for details.
BASIC Stamp Board of Education Resources
Kits Available If you don't already have a BASIC Stamp 2 module and want to use the original BS2-IC, you can get both at a discount (plus jumper wires and a USB cable) by purchasing the Board of Education Full Kit bundle.
On the other hand, if you're just getting started, you may want to consider the BASIC Stamp Discovery Kit which includes this Board of Education with a BS2-IC module, plus the 350-page What's a Microcontroller? textbook and several electronics components for you to follow the lessons in that book, as well as a 500-page BASIC Stamp Syntax & Reference Manual.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item