The Board of Education (BOE) was designed to teach microcontroller programming. The majority of the Stamps in Class student guides (e.g. Robotics with the Boe-Bot) requires a BASIC Stamp 2 module with this Board of Education carrier board. Even if you aren't using the SiC curriculum, the ease of use and expandibility make the BOE an ideal project board for BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller experimentation. The board includes a handy power switch and a servo jumper.
Note that a BASIC Stamp 2 module is not included. Once you install a BASIC Stamp 2 module, programming it can be done via the DB9F RS232 port of this board. If you don't have a DB9 serial port on your PC, you may want to purchase the USB version of this board instead.
BASIC Stamp Board of Education Features
- Can be powered by external power supply (6V to 9V DC) or 9V battery (neither is included)
- Mechanically interlocked power supply connectors prevent accidental connection of both power sources simultaneously
- DB9 connector for BS2-IC programming and serial communication during run time
- P0 - P15 I/O pins, Vdd and Vss connections brought adjacent to 1.375 × 2 inch (35 × 51 mm) breadboard area
- Female 10-pin dual-row connector for optional AppMods
- On-board regulator delivers up to 1 Amp of power for larger projects
- Jumper selection of servo power: regulated (Vdd) or unregulated (Vin)
- Three-position power switch allows various powering options for programming without providing power to servo connectors
- Dimensions: 3.75 × 2.75 inches (95 × 70 mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 185 °F (0 to 70 °C)
Daughterboard Adapter Available If you connect a DB-Expander, you can add one of several ready-made daughterboards to your project. See that page for details.
BASIC Stamp Board of Education Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|Li-Ion Power Supply Board, Charging Circuit, 2x 18650, 7.4V @ 2A||+|| US$59.99|
|Jumper Wires, Premium, M-M, 155mm (Qty 10), 2 ea. @ 5 colors||+|| US$3.95|