MSP430-CCRFLCD is development board with a CC430F5137IRGZ microcontroller from Texas Instruments. This ultra-low-power microcontroller has an integrated CC1101 868/915 MHz RF transceiver. The board also has a 9-digit 14-segment LCD, two status LEDs, two user buttons, and UEXT which can be set as device or host. This allows you to use this board as an add-on to other systems, or add other devices to it. Through-hole connectors provide access to the microcontroller pins.
CC430F5137 RF Module Features
- Microcontroller: CC430F5137IRGZ
- JTAG connector (CC430Fxxxx devices are programmed with MSP430 programmers); board can be powered via JTAG
- UEXT connector (see below)
- LCD with nine 14-segment digits
- 2-pin LIPO_BAT connector for Lithium-ion polymer battery which permits outdoor communication between two or more MSP430-CCRFLCD boards
- On-board voltage regulator
- On-board PCB antenna
- Supported radio frequencies bands 868/915 MHz, software selectable (default 868 MHz *)
- Maximum permissible distance between two MSP430-CCRFLCD boards varies between 60m and 155m depending on RF chip's output power, data transfer rate and the selected radio frequency band. See user manual for examples.
- Two user buttons
- Two status LEDs
- RTC crystal
- Extension pin holes for most of the microcontroller pins
- FR-4, 1.00 mm, soldermask, component print
- Dimensions: 84.84 × 63.50mm (3.34 × 2.50")
* NOTE: As this board is manufactured in Europe, the default setting is to use the 868 MHz frequency. You must not use the board with that setting in North America; you must make sure that your software sets the RF device to use the 915 MHz frequency.
UEXT Connector The UEXT connector on this board by default provides a solderless way to connect this module as a slave device to another system with a microcontroller. There are dozens of microcontroller systems and development boards that can connect to this module via UEXT using the supplied cable. Click on the architectures below for lists of compatible boards:
As a host device With a change of jumper settings, the UEXT connector will allow you to control external devices via the CC430 microcontroller on this board. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of slave modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
CC430F5137 RF Module Resources