The SAM3-P256 is a development and prototyping board with an Atmel ATSAM2S4BA-AU microcontroller. The board has JTAG, UEXT, USB and two RS232 connectors, power jack, potentiometer, two user buttons, two status LEDs, power-on LED, reset button and a prototype area for all of the microcontroller's ports.
Atmel's ATSAM3S4BA is a member of a series of Flash microcontrollers based on the high-performance 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 RISC processor. It operates at a maximum speed of 64 MHz and features 256 Kbyte Flash and 48 Kbyte SRAM, Full-Speed USB Device port with embedded transceiver, a High-Speed MCI for SDIO/SD/MMC, an External Bus Interface featuring a Static Memory Controller providing connection to SRAM, PSRAM, NOR Flash and NAND Flash, 2x USARTs, 2x UARTs, 2x TWIs, 3x SPI, an I2S, as well as a PWM timer, 6x general-purpose 16-bit timers, an RTC, an ADC, a 12-bit DAC and an analog comparator.
This board can be powered 6V DC via a power jack or 5V via USB. Its power consumption with all peripherals enabled is about 100mA.
Using SAM-BA software, the ATSAM3S4BA-AU on this board can be programmed via COM port (with external power supply only), or via USB port (with USB power supply only). Before being able to use SAM-BA, a recovery procedure, which consists of copying the SAM-BA Boot Assistant into Flash, must be performed. See the user manual (available to download below) for instructions.
ATSAM3S4BA Prototype Board Features
- CPU: Atmel ATSAM3S4BA ARM Cortex-M3
- JTAG connector with ARM 2×10-pin layout for programming/debugging
- Two RS232 connectors and drivers
- USB connector
- SD/MMC card connector
- Reset circuit with button
- Two status LEDs
- Two buttons
- UEXT connector (see below)
- TST jumper for SAM-BA downloading
- On-board voltage regulator 3.3V with up to 800mA current
- Powered via USB or external power jack
- Power supply LED
- Power supply filtering capacitor
- 12 MHz crystal
- Trimmer potentiometer connected to ADC
- Thermistor connected to ADC
- Extension headers for all µC ports plus RST and power supply
- PCB: FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), soldermask, silkscreen component print
- Dimensions: 120 × 80 mm (4.73 × 3.15")
Add-on UEXT Modules Available This board has a universal extension connector, UEXT, which allows you to add a peripheral module easily. The UEXT can provide I2C, RS232, SPI and power to the external device. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of modules that can plug into the UEXT port.
ATSAM3S4BA Prototype Board Resources
This board does not ship with any documentation or software. Please use the links above. If you need a programmer/debugger, see our ARM JTAG Debuggers category.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item