IEEE 802.15.4 standard compliant RF transceiver Supports ZigBee, MiWi, MiWi P2P and proprietary wireless networking protocols Integrated 20 MHz and 32.768 kHz crystal oscillator circuitry Data rate: 250 kbps (IEEE 802.15.4); 625 kbps (Turbo mode)
BEE Click is an accessory board in mikroBus form factor. It features the Microchip MRF24J40MA 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 radio transceiver module. This module includes an integrated PCB antenna and matching circuitry and is connected to the microcontroller via a SPI interface. As such, this module is an ideal solution for wireless networks, smart home automation, building automation and other electronic applications that need wireless communication.
This board uses 3.3V power supply only. To add an MRF24J40MA's function to a 5V system, see the EasyBee 3 board. Note however that EasyBee 3 is not in mikroBUS form; it connects to two IDC10 ports via ribbon cables.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
RF Transceiver Add-on Module Resources