ETH Click is an accessory board in mikroBus form factor. It features the Microchip ENC28J60, a 28-pin, 10Base-T stand-alone Ethernet Controller with an on-board MAC & PHY, 8K Bytes of Buffer RAM, and SPI serial interface. The chip supports programmable automatic retransmit on collision and automatic rejection of erroneous packets. The board contains a standard RJ45 connector, and LEDs for transmit, receive and power. An on-board crystal oscillator ensures stable operation.
This board uses 3.3V power supply only. To add Ethernet function to a 5V system, see the Serial Ethernet Board. Note however that that board is not in mikroBUS form; it connects via a 10-pin single-row or a 2×5-pin header.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.