DAC Click is an accessory board in mikroBus form factor. It includes a Microchip MCP4921 12-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter that features an optional 2x buffered output and SPI interface. The board provides high accuracy and low-noise performance for industrial applications where calibration or compensation of signals such as temperature, pressure and humidity are required. The board is set to use 3.3V power supply by default. Solder the PWR SEL SMD jumper to the 5V position for use with 5V systems. There also is an SMD jumper for changing reference voltage from VCC (default) to 4.096V.
The board contains two analog output screw terminals: Vout and GND. Data in 12-bit format are sent to the DAC using SPI communication interface. These data are converted to the appropriate voltage level in the range between GND and REFERENCE (VCC or 4.096V), which is proportional to the received 12-bit number.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.