Long-range RF connectivity using the DigiMesh protocol XBee-PRO DigiMesh 900 are long-range embedded wireless solutions providing end-point device connectivity. These modules use the easy-to-deploy DigiMesh networking protocol. This innovative, peer-to-peer network offers added stability through self-healing, dense network operation and support for sleeping routers, extending the operational life of battery-dependent networks. Combining the range advantages of the 900 MHz operating frequency with a fast 156 Kbps data rate to the end node and supporting RF line-of-sight ranges of up to 6 miles (with high-gain antennas), these modules are ideal for extended-range wireless applications requiring increased data throughput.
Part of the XBee family of wireless products, these modules are easy to use, share a common footprint, and are fully interoperable with other XBee products utilizing the same technology. This allows different XBee technologies to be drop-in replacements for each other; you can switch between 802.11, 802.15.4, ZigBee, DigiMesh and proprietary long-range with minimal development time or risk.
Note: This module is certified for use in North America and Australia only. It may not be used in Europe or Japan. Other areas, check local regulations.
DigiMesh Protocol DigiMesh is a proprietary mesh networking protocol. Its features include:
- Self-healing Any node may enter or leave the network at any time without causing the network as a whole to fail.
- Peer-to-peer architecture No hierarchy and no parent-child relationships are needed.
- Quiet protocol Routing overhead will be reduced by using a reactive protocol similar to AODV.
- Route discovery Rather than maintaining a network map, routes will be discovered and created only when needed.
- Selective acknowledgments Only the destination node will reply to route requests.
- Reliable delivery Reliable delivery of data is accomplished by means of acknowledgments.
- Sleep modes Low-power sleep modes with synchronized wake-up are supported, with variable sleep and wake times.
900MHz DigiMesh Module Features
- Power output: 50mW (+17 dBm)
- Indoor/Urban range: Up to 450 ft (140 m)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range, dipole antenna: Up to 1.8 miles (3 km)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range, high-gain antenna: Up to 6 miles (10 km)
- RF data rate: 156 Kbps
- Interface data rate: Up to 230 Kbps (software selectable)
- Receiver sensitivity: -100 dBm
- Spread Spectrum type: FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum)
- Networking topology: Mesh, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, peer-to-peer
- Error handling: Retries and acknowledgments
- Channel capacity: 8 hopping patterns on 12 channels, or single-channel
- Addressing: PAN ID, channel, and 64-bit addresses
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- Supply voltage: 3.0V - 3.6V DC (Footprint Recommendation: 3.0V - 3.4V DC)
- Transmit current: 210 mA (@ 3.3V)
- Receive current: 80 mA power-drain
- Sleep current (asynchronous): 48 ľA typical @ 3.3V
- Sleep current (synchronous): 60 ľA typical @ 3.3V
- Frequency band: ISM 902 - 928 MHz
- Interface options: 3V CMOS Serial UART (5V-tolerant inputs)
- Configuration method: AT and API, local or over-air
- Digital I/O: 13 I/O lines
- ADC: Six 10-bit analog inputs
- Size: 0.960 in × 1.297 in (2.438 cm × 3.294 cm)
- Weight: 0.10 oz (3g)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C (industrial)
- Certifications: FCC (USA), IC (Canada)
Antenna options One other version of this module is available:
900MHz DigiMesh Module Resources