The DS1003 is a 4-port programmable industrial controller designed primarily for serial-over-IP and serial control projects. It comes pre-loaded with a fully functional open-source serial-over-IP application.
The four opto-isolated ports of the DS1003 can be programmed for RS232, RS422 or RS485. A terminal block adapter is included for you to use instead of the DB9 connectors built in.
The DS1003 is programmable in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C which also provides a complete IDE for debugging. The functionality of the DS1003 is determined by whatever Tibbo BASIC/C application it is running. It is perfectly suited for work as an intelligent serial controller, a serial device server, or a serial communications gateway.
It requires 10-18V DC power, which can be provided through a 3.5mm coaxial jack (center positive) or a two-pole screw terminal.
Other versions of this controller are available that add wireless connectivity in the form of GPRS, WiFi or both.
Programmable 4-port Serial Controller Features
- Dimensions: 91 × 104 × 99 mm (excluding secondary cover)
- Extruded-profile aluminum body
- IP68 compliant (when used with secondary cover)
- Operating temperature -30 to +75 degrees C
- CE and FCC certified
- Four RS232/422/485 ports
- 8 status LEDs
- Based on the EM1000 module
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port
- 1024KB Flash for firmware, application, and data storage
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage
- RTC with back-up supercapacitor
- Built-in buzzer
- 11 status LEDs
- Power: 10-18V
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
4-port Serial Controller Programming
- sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions)
- net — controls Ethernet port
- ser — in charge of serial channels
- ssi — up to 4 serial synchronous interface channels (for SPI, I2C, etc.)
- io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts
- rtc — keeps track of date and time
- fd — manages Flash memory file system and direct sector access
- stor — provides access to the EEPROM
- romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data)
- pppoe — accesses the internet over an ADSL modem
- ppp — accesses the internet over a serial modem (e.g. GPRS)
- pat — "plays" patterns on five status LED pairs
- beep — generates buzzer patterns
- button — monitors the setup button
- sys — in charge of general device functionality
- Strings functions (21 in total)
- Date/time conversion functions (8)
- Encryption/hash calculation functions (AES128, RC4, MD5, SHA-1)
- Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
View the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C Online Manual.
View Tibbo BASIC Introduction Videos.
View a video of the Serial-over-IP application showing WiFi support.
View a video of the Tibbo Connection Wizard showing how to create a Virtual Serial Port and link it with the Device Server.
4-port Serial Controller Package Contents
- DS1003 unit
- Terminal block adapters
- Waterproof kit with secondary cover, cable glands, screws
- DMK1000 DIN rail mounting kit
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|
|Serial Null Modem Cable, 6ft., DB9 F/F||+|| US$7.00|
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Power Supply, 12V DC, 1A, 3.5x1.35mm, center pos., 100-240V AC||+|| US$8.00|
|DB9F to Screwless Terminal Adapter, Inverted||+|| US$6.00|
|DB9 F/F Mini Gender Changer||+|| US$0.50|