With this AVR board, you can build USB devices and have fun along the way. Build your home-made USB flash stick, USB datalogger, or even USB MP3 player. Just place your additional components on the prototyping areas, and it easily becomes a complete device.
If you don't need one or any of the two prototyping areas, they can be snapped off easily, allowing you to reduce the board to just an AT90USB162 header board, as the MCU pins are available via pads on the main section. These pads are marked by a silkscreen on both the top and bottom of the PCB.
The AT90USB162 microcontroller comes with a fast hardware USB 2.0 bootloader which eliminates the need for an external programmer. Just download the FLIP software from Atmel's web site (available for Windows and Linux) to program your hex code into the MCU.
You can also program/debug your code using a parallel programming interface.
AT90USB162 Board Features
- Add your own circuitry and create a final, standalone product
- Board can become a plug-and-play HID USB device with no drivers required
- PD5 and PD6 LEDs can be used as indicators of activity
- On-board mini-USB connector, oscillator and reset circuit, as well as power indicator LED provide all you need for quick start
- All MCU pins are available through connection pads identified on both sides of the board
Download StartUSB for AVR User Manual
Optional Recommended Products for this Item