With this PIC board, you can build USB devices and have fun along the way. Build your home-made USB flash stick, USB datalogger, or even USB MP3 player. Just place your additional components on the prototyping areas, and it easily becomes a complete device.
If you don't need one or any of the two prototyping areas, they can be snapped off easily, allowing you to reduce the board to just a PIC18F2550 header board, as the MCU pins are available via pads on the main section. These pads are marked by a silkscreen on both the top and bottom of the PCB.
The PIC18F2550 microcontroller comes with a fast USB HID bootloader which eliminates the need for an external programmer. Just download the mikroBootloader application for Windows below to program your hex code into the MCU.
The board also has pads for installing a 5-pin PICFlash2 header that can be used for programming and in-circuit debugging with external hardware such as the mikroProg for PIC.
PIC18F2550 Board Features
- Add your own circuitry and create a final, standalone product
- Board can become a plug-and-play HID USB device with no drivers required
- RA1 and RB1 LEDs can be used as indicators of activity
- On-board mini-USB connector, oscillator and reset circuit, as well as power indicator LED provide all you need for quick start
- All MCU pins are available through connection pads identified on both sides of the board
Download StartUSB for PIC User Manual
mikroBootloader Software for Windows
mikroBootloader User's Guide
Optional Recommended Products for this Item