The microSD Card Board enables you to add microSD storage capability to a microcontroller system. Industry-standard Serial Peripheral Interface ensures simple communication at high data rates. Voltage translators and DIP switches allow you to connect it to both 3.3V and 5V development systems. Use it for fast data acquisition or storing other data like music, text files, videos and more.
The board has a female IDC10 connector to plug it into a development system. It communicates with the host system via SPI. The DIP switch allows you to set which pins are used for MISO/MOSI/SCK, and the silkscreen explains the settings required for specific mikroElektronika development systems. A jumper setting lets you connect this board to 5V or 3.3V systems.
Note: A microSD card is not included.
Use in your own design While this board was created originally for mikroElektronika's development systems, it's certainly possible to use in your own project. To do so, you may want to pick up IDC10 box headers that you can solder onto your PCB, or an EasyTEST board to wire it up easily.
microSD Card Add-on Module Features
- Industry-standard SPI communication interface
- Can be used with 3.3V and 5V systems
- Fast voltage translators adjust proper voltage levels when used with 5V systems
- On-board DIP switches for selecting target development board
- High-quality microSD slot ensures good contacts with your card
- Ready-to-use examples save development time
- Supported in all mikroElektronika compilers
microSD Card Board User Manual
microSD Card Board Software Examples for PIC, dsPIC, and AVR, e.g. mikroC-PIC, mikroC-dsPIC, mikroC-AVR