MOTG-96 is a tiny pluggable module ideally suited as a diagnostic display for embedded systems. It incorporates a 0.96" 96×64 resolution full-color Passive Matrix OLED and has a wide range of uses such as educational, experimental, or during any development phase where a quick display solution is required. It comes in a microSD memory card format which is designed to interface to any embedded platform that has an on-board microSD card slot.
Powerful graphics, text, image, animation and other features are built into the MOTG-96. The display module utilizes standard SPI signals and acts as a slave device to the host microcontroller. It offers a simple yet effective command set to any host platform that can communicate via a SPI port. All screen-related functions are sent using a simple protocol.
The MOTG-96 device simply plugs into a standard µSD socket for quick assembly and maintenance. Don't need the device permanently, or want to make it optional? Simple; just unplug. Need some way of debugging your latest brainchild without top-end equipment? Just plug a MOTG-96 into its µSD socket and use it as an outboard diagnostic display.
microSD OLED Display Module Features
- Low-cost pluggable OLED display module
- 96 × 64 resolution, 65K colors, PMOLED screen
- 0.96” diagonal size
- Display area: 20 × 14 mm
- No back lighting necessary; near 180° viewing angle
- Easy microSD form factor that will plug into any embedded host platform that has a uSD card slot
- SPI interface to the host via microSD
- Comprehensive set of built-in high-level graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more
microSD OLED Display Module Resources
Note: As PC-based SD card adapters do not provide the TTL signals used by the MOTG device, you will need the MOTG Programming Adapter and an RS232- or USB-to-TTL interface to use the PmmC Loader or the FAT Controller Software (see options below). In addition, to use the FAT Controller, you will need first to load this test PmmC file into the MOTG-96.
- MOTG-96 module datasheet
- PmmC File: The GOLDELOX chip used in the MOTG device is a custom controller, and all functionality including the high-level commands are built into the chip. The PmmC file contains the low-level micro-code information (analogous to soft silicon) which defines the characteristics and functionality of the MOTG device. Programming the device with a PmmC file provides a flexible method of customizing as well as upgrading the MOTG with future enhancements. The MOTG module comes with this default PmmC already loaded.
- PmmC Loader Software Tool: This is a Windows-based software tool to program a PmmC file into the MOTG module.
- FAT Controller Software Tool: This is a free software tool to test the functionality of the MOTG device using your PC prior to writing any piece of embedded code for your platform. The FAT-Controller simulates the embedded host controller and provides an easy means of exercising the available commands.
- Embedded C Library Driver Source: Use this C source code to embed the functionality of the MOTG Display module into your host platform.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item