The µLCD-144-G2 is a compact and cost-effective display module using state-of-the-art LCD TFT technology with an embedded GOLDELOX graphics processor that delivers ‘stand-alone’ functionality to any project. Powerful graphics, text, image, animation and other features are built into the GOLDELOX chip.
The module is designed to work out of the box and ready for your code written in 4DGL (a high-level 4D Graphics Language) using the 4DGL-Workshop4 IDE (editor, compiler and downloader).
4DGL is a graphics-oriented language allowing you to write applications in high-level code with syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C and Pascal. The Workshop IDE also features the ViSi-Genie, a drag-and-drop graphical interface that will create 4DGL code for you — all you need to do is place pre-made objects onto a simulated image of the display, size and set parameters to your liking, then a single click will generate the 4DGL code to make that object functional.
Using the Workshop IDE, the module also can be loaded with a Serial Application that transforms it into a Serial Slave to virtually any serial host.
The module offers modest but comprehensive I/O features that can interface to serial, analog, digital, buttons, joystick, sound generation and Dallas 1-wire devices.
The GOLDELOX processor on the display module also can be re-programmed with different ‘Personality Module Micro-Code’ (PmmC) files for updates and future proofing. The processes of converting to a serial slave, updating the PmmC firmware, or downloading your 4DGL program code all require connection of a USB converter that uses the DTR signal to pulse the Reset line on the processor. Two USB-to-Serial converters that can plug directly into this module are available from the Optional Recommended Products list below.
Graphical TFT LCD Module Features
- Low-cost LCD display graphics user interface solution
- 128 × 128 resolution, 65K colors, LCD-TFT screen
- 1.44” diagonal size, 43 × 31 × 6.4 mm
- Active Display Area: 25.5 × 26.5 mm
- LED backlight with over 150° viewing angle
- Easy 2x5-pin interface to any external device: 3.3Vout, IO2, GND, IO1, RESET, GND, RX, TX, Vin
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX graphics processor highly optimized for 4DGL, the high-level 4D Graphics Language
- 2× GPIO ports support:
• Digital I/O
• A/D converter with 8/10-bit resolution
• Complex sound generation
• Dedicated RTTTL tune engine
• Multi-Switch Joystick
• Dallas 1-Wire
- 10K bytes of Flash memory for user code storage and 510 bytes of RAM for user variables (255 × 16-bit vars)
- Serial TTL interface with auto-baud feature (300 to 256K baud)
- On-board microSD memory card adapter for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. Supports 64Mb to 2Gig microSD memory cards as well as microSDHC memory cards starting from 4GB and above
- Comprehensive set of built-in high-level graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more
- Display full-color images, animations, icons and video clips
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts)
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)
Three different usage methods The 4D Systems Workshop 4 IDE supports multiple development environments, to cater for different user requirements and skill level.
By default, the module will come ready for Serial usage. You can change environments or customize the serial firmware using one of the optional USB-to-Serial adapters and the Workshop 4 IDE software.
- The Designer environment enables you to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
- The ViSi visual programming experience enables drag-and-drop placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows you to visualize how the display will look.
- The Serial environment is provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module, allowing you to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port. Serial libraries are available for C, Pascal, PicAxe, and Arduino.
Graphical TFT LCD Module Resources
View a video of this display in action.
Can be used with Arduino and Raspberry Pi You also can purchase a version of this display mounted as an Arduino shield, or you can use the Arduino adapter shown in the options below. A Raspberry Pi adapter is available in the options too.
Can be used with Fox Board or Terra Board If you have an Acme Systems Fox G20 or Terra G25 Embedded Linux Board, you can use the DAISY-15-R adapter to connect this display. You'll need a ribbon cable, and the Fox Board also will need the DAISY-1 adapter. See the DAISY-15-R page for details and links.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item