This AVR Training and development kit has everything you need to learn about AVR microcontrollers and how to program them. As well as Get Going with AVR and Embedded C programming books on CD-ROM, the kit has a complete software package including AVR code examples, assembler and C Compiler. The software works in Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, both 32-bit and 64-bit. For hardware, you get a USB AVR programmer, a full-function USB AVR In-Circuit Emulator and the comprehensive STK200 training board.
AVR Training Kit Contents
- STK200 development board
- USB JTAGAVR In-Circuit Emulator or AVR ICE tool
- AVRISP-U AVR USB In-System Programmer
- Get Going with AVR book on CD-ROM
- Embedded C book on CD-ROM
- Application builder software on CD-ROM
- AVR Studio IDE on CD-ROM with integrated WINAVR Unlimited C Compiler
- Complete user manual, schematics, code examples and datasheets on CD-ROM
AVR Training Kit Software
AVR Studio AVR Studio has all you need, including full editor, assembler and simulator for all devices. The JTAG AVR emulator operates from AVR Studio, with C or Assembler projects.
WINAVR C Compiler As well as the latest version of the AVR GCC Compiler, this version will install into AVR Studio, making use the C Compiler as simple as possible. It also has loads of documentation. The ICE will enable you to step through your C Source Code in AVR Studio.
Application Builder The Application Builder uses simple wizards to create all your setup code including ports, timers, UART, ADC, SPI, watchdog and interrupts. Stack pointer, External SRAM access and Boot Block setup (Reset and Interrupt Vector locations) can be set also. This powerful feature gives you instant source code templates and code examples.
AVR and Embedded C Books on CD-ROM The Get Going with AVR book covers topics such as Assembly Language, programming planning, logic, numbering systems and the AVR structure. It touches on C language writing and debug tools and includes lots of different code examples to try out on the hardware.
The Embedded C book introduces C programming and methods, and is based on the IAR free Kickstart compiler.
AVR Training Kit Hardware
STK200 Development Board Features
See the STK200 product page for a list of supported devices. The board requires 9-15V DC or 7-12V AC, 2.1mm barrel connector, center positive.
- Separate sockets for different AVR microcontrollers simplifies use
- Easy access to all microcontroller ports
- Peripheral support including ADC and UART
- LCD interface
- 3.3V/5V operation
- Brownout circuitry
- External Flash RAM and Serial EEPROM support
- Switches and LEDs
- Manual on CD
- ATmega16 AVR device included
- Socket support for ATtiny26 and new ATmega devices
- Switches and LEDs can be moved to different ports
- Improved ADC support
- Sockets for Flash RAM (AT29256) and Address latch
- 2-wire EEPROM socket (24Cxxx)
- New Port B headers to correctly route signals from smaller devices
- Clock/Port Pin jumpers on smaller sockets to free I/O pin when running
- Compatible with existing STK200 code and applications
- Updated Application Builder for ATmega8515 and ATmega8535
- New USB AVRISP version supports all serial programmable ATmega and ATtiny devices
- Extra software including unlimited C Compiler
JTAGAVR Emulator Tool This is a real In-Circuit Emulator (JTAGICE) for AVR emulation. It interfaces with Atmel AVR Studio and runs code on your AVR microcontroller for real emulation. It is supplied with adapters to contect directly to the port headers on STK200 AVR board, and a USB cable to connect to your PC. The JTAGAVR uses the On-chip Debug features of the newer AVR microcontrollers giving exact electrical and code feedback.
It allows you to set three hardware breakpoints, supports Step and Break on program change, Assembler or HLL Source Code debugging, 3V and 5V operation, and pin adapters for STK200, STK300 and STK500.
The JTAGAVR ICE supports in-circuit debugging on the ATmega32, ATmega16, ATmega64, ATmega128, ATmega162, ATmega169, ATmega323, and AT90CAN128.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item