The GA1000 is an 802.11b/g add-on board for the EM1000, EM1001, EM1202, EM1206 or EM500 BASIC-programmable embedded module . It can be fully controlled from within a Tibbo BASIC application. The GA1000 add-on board further expands the scope of potential EM1000 or EM1202 applications by adding Wi-Fi communications capability to the programmable module.
The module utilizes SPI interace and only requires five I/O lines to control. Flexible mapping allows your application to use any five available I/O pins.
Note: It is not possible to use the GA1000 as a standalone product. It works only as a slave device in combination with the EM1000, EM1001, EM1202, EM1206 or EM500. It also can be plugged into a Tibbo Project PCB.
802.11b/g Wireless Module Features
- Implements 802.11b and 802.11g wireless standards
- Compatible with all T1000-based modules (EM1000, EM1202, EM1206, EM500)
- Dimensions: 42 x 19 x 6.7 mm
- Chip antenna on board; coaxial connector (I-PEX MHF) for external antenna
- Requires only five I/O lines to control, and any five lines can be used
- On-board Status LED (red) for scan/link indication
- Power: 280mA (max) @ 3.3V
LED indicator The GA1000 has a single red status LED:
- During scanning (wln.scan), the LED blinks
- When the GA1000 is associated with an access point (wln.associate), the LED is ON
- When the GA1000 is in ad-hoc mode and has another peer connected to it, the LED is ON as well
- In all other cases, the LED is off
External Antenna Option If you want to connect an external antenna, we offer a Wi-Fi antenna that can be connected to this module when used in conjunction with this antenna cable. If you're using a Tibbo Project PCB, then you should purchase Tibbit #37 instead of that cable.
802.11b/g Wireless Module Resources