XBee-PRO XSC RF modules are extended-range embedded wireless solutions providing end-point connectivity to devices. These modules are capable of deploying point-to-point, peer-to-peer and point-to-multipoint networks. Designed for maximum range, the XBee-PRO XSC is ideal for solutions where RF penetration and absolute transmission distance are paramount to the application. With XBee, you can have your network up and running in a matter of minutes without configuration or additional development. Once the network is running, XBee-PRO XSC modules accept simple AT commands for advanced configuration.
Part of the XBee family of wireless products, these modules are easy to use, share a common footprint, and are fully interoperable with other XBee products utilizing the same technology. This allows different XBee technologies to be drop-in replacements for each other; you can switch between 802.11, 802.15.4, ZigBee, DigiMesh and proprietary long-range with minimal development time or risk.
XBee-PRO XSC modules are also over-the-air compatible with certain variants of the XStream OEM RF module, specifically: X09-009, firmware version 42B5.
Note: This module is certified for use in North America only. It may not be used in Australia, Europe or Japan. Other areas, check local regulations.
915MHz RF Module Features
- Power output: 100mW (+20 dBm)
- Indoor/Urban range: Up to 1200 ft (370 m)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range, dipole antenna: Up to 6 miles (9.6 km)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range, high-gain antenna: Up to 15 miles (24 km)
- RF data rate: 9.6 Kbps
- Interface data rate: Up to 57.6 Kbps
- Receiver sensitivity: -106 dBm
- Spread Spectrum type: FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum)
- Networking topology: Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, peer-to-peer
- Error handling: Retries & acknowledgments
- Filtration options: VID (Vendor ID Number), channels and addressing
- Channel capacity: 7 hop sequences share 25 frequencies
- Addressing: 65,000 network addresses available for each channel
- Supply voltage: 3.0V - 3.6V DC (Footprint Recommendation: 3.0V - 3.4V DC)
- Transmit current: 265 mA
- Receive current: 65 mA power-drain
- Sleep current: 45 µA
- Frequency band: 910 - 918 MHz
- Interface options: 3V CMOS UART (5V-tolerant inputs)
- Size: 0.960 in × 1.297 in (2.438 cm × 3.294 cm)
- Weight: 0.10 oz (3g)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C (industrial)
- Certifications: FCC (USA), IC (Canada)
Antenna options Two other versions of this module are available:
915MHz RF Module Resources