AVR-ISP500-TINY is a USB In-System-Programmer for AVR and ATmega microcontrollers. It has two modes of operation: STK500 compatible USB programmer and USB Mass Storage Device. It also supports PC-independent programming of your AVR target via 2MB of built-in Flash memory.
This AVR programmer implements the STK500v2 protocol as defined by Atmel which makes it compatible with a range of programming software, including Atmel Studio and AVRDude. To use this mode you need to install the AVR-ISP500-ISO USB drivers, which can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
In Mass Storage mode, the AVR-ISP500-TINY will create a new disk drive on your computer. When you drag and drop an AVR HEX file to this drive it will program the target AVR device on the board attached to the programmer's ICSP connector. This method of programming is totally platform independent and works on any computer with a USB connection, without any need for additional software.
The AVR-ISP500-TINY has 2MB of internal Flash and can record Atmel Studio's communication with the target into its internal Flash memory, including FUSE, LOCK and EEPROM data. It can then re-play that communication with a single push of a button. This way you can program a target once using Atmel Studio and then program that same code to many additional targets with a single button press, independent of a PC and Atmel Studio.
AVR & ATmega Programmer Features
Note: This programmer does not support ATxmega or AVR32 processors.
- Fully STK500v2 compatible
- Works with Atmel Studio (also older AVR Studio), WinAVR, AVRDude and any other software compatible with STK500v2
- Two distinctive modes of operation
- Modes of operation (STK500v2 and Mass Storage Drive) are switched easily by uploading firmware images available from below download links
- USB port for connection to PC
- Stand alone operation without the need for PC connection, allowing firmware mass programming on many devices with single button press
- One bi-color LED for current operation status
- Supports both standard ICSP10 and ICSP6 connectors
- Button for initiating autonomous operations and command logging
- Powered by USB
- External clock output on ICSP10 pin 3 for rescuing AVRs with enabled external clock fuse
- Supports target voltages ranging from 1.8V to 5.5V
- ISP clock frequencies ranging from 5kHz to 2MHz
AVR & ATmega Programmer Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item